Our technicians are experienced and competent with the repair of both polyester and epoxy based blades, ensuring your blade is returned to the original OEM’s specifications. Our technicians travel globally to carry out inspections and repairs.
Our qualified expert knowledge in the area of fibre technology allows us to conduct rotor blade repair tasks on a high technical level, and hence improve the operational life span and performance output of the blades concerned.
The use of rope-supported access enables us to conduct repair tasks quickly, cost-efficiently and independently of prevailing weather conditions.
The continued application of expert performance even in high wind speed environments as well as brief preparation times are crucial factors in avoiding unnecessarily long idle periods of the wind power station.
The rope-supported access method means that secondary damages to the rotor blade, which can be commonplace with lifting platforms, can be excluded.
All repair tasks are documented by us in extensive damage and repair protocols
Wind turbine blades can be damaged or degraded by several factors. Working at optimum wind conditions a blade tip could be turning at speeds well over 100 miles an hour. Over time sand, ice, rain, UV rays and insects to name but a few can have serious adverse effects on the leading edge. Lightning and bird strikes can also lead to serious damage and reduction in productivity. Over time, the blade is subjected to a serious amount of damage, often starting with a small problem, which if caught early enough could save a huge amount of money, down time and lost revenue. Blade inspections and regular maintenance are not a luxury, they are a necessity.
- Pre-end of warranty blade inspections
- Wind Turbine Blade inspection (Internal/External)
- Composite repair including Infusion, Wetlay-up and Pre-preg
- Cosmetic/surface repairs to gel coats & surface finishes
- Wind Turbine Blade Cleaning, Cleaning and repair at storage site
- Rope & Cradle Access services
- Lightning protection system inspection, repair & installation
- Repairs over winter
- Leading and trailing edge repair
- Small to medium structural repairs
- Installation of leading edge protection tape, stall strips & vortex generators